Tuesday, March 24, 2020

3/24/2020 Post

Before I submit my abstract, I had a conversation with Profress.Chang. Since Kishi Chen already used mushroom as the research topic, and when we were doing our research, I discover there are some things repeat to her study. Therefore, I change my mind. Since the COVID 19 give me the idea, most of the people are balm bats. So I was confused about what kind the role that human endows to the animal? What is the position that animal belongs in the earth? So I change my topic to the Mermaid. All of us know what Mermaid is. But throughout that research, I discover the human gives all the meaning of Mermaid. The Mermaid can be a research object, can be sold as food. It is a tool for Capitalism to earn money and support for peoples. So I will watch and compare the Mermaid movie in the Eastern and Western regions. For example, Disney Visions, The Little Mermaid(1989), The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea(2000), Hayao Miyazaki's cartoon film Ponyo(2008), Stephen Chow's comedy The Little Mermaid, and Lou Ye's feature film Suzhou River (2000).In those films, Mermaid as the protagonist, and we will look through Mermaid's eye to see the world. Like in Disney's movie, Mermaid fell into love, but the separation of sea and land block her, so she must pay some blood and hurt to go to ground. And, for Lou Ye' film, Mermaid becomes a tool for the bar to attract consumers. As a human, we all forget that other living things are part of the earth; we can expel them. So far, I already finished movies and a few readings like Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid, etc. Next week, I will collect and organize the idea and start my research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.