Saturday, March 28, 2020

Week of 3/28 Updates

Hanyan and I skyped with Professor Chang to keep track of the work we were doing. We were able to hear what each other was doing and the difficulties we had. Professor Chang advised us to continue doing research on related sub-topics to enrich the research project. During the meeting with my advisor, I mentioned the appearance of motherhood in Mushroom Rings, the grandma loved and cared about the mushroom rings, while other people in the book were looking at mushroom rings as profits. Professor Chang would provide questions for us so that we could think critically about the readings and what each character could represent under capitalism.
When I told Professor Chang about the documentary "The Magic of Mushrooms", which I watched previously, she said I could use that for my introduction to inform people why we should pay attention to mushrooms and the close relationship between us and mushrooms.
Also, Professor Chang provided some other sources that Hanyan and I could read about and see if we could use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.